- To simply have fun with the amazing sports of XC Skiing, Biking, and Running.
- Build community around our sports, resulting in growth of the sport
- To welcome all levels of XC Skiers, cyclists, and runners to our club, website, and Cyclova XC Racing Service Program; from National Champions to beginners.
- To enjoy the company of other like minded people.
- Grow with each other through training and racing together.
- Learn from others about how to progress in your sport.
- Provide an informal atmosphere where everyone feels comfortable in sharing training tips and working toward their personal goals.
- To have spiffy team clothing that sets us apart from other teams and clubs that is both functional and fashionable
- Provide our club members and the skiing public world class Stonegrinding and Race Waxing through Cyclova XC Racing Service
Tools for Achieving Mission/Goals:
- Our people/members: XC Skiers, Cyclists, and Runners of all stripes, from professionals to first timers.
- CyclovaXC.com: Our website serves as a information source with daily articles posted. Articles range from funny stories to cutting edge tech or training articles.
- Cyclova XC Facebook Group Page: When you're not out training with your fellow CyclovaXC team mates, keep in touch with them here! Our Facebook Group Page serves as a convenient medium to keep in touch with everyone. Keep up on the posts on our website, latest races, training sessions, or divulge in a bit of trash talk!
- "The Cyclops" Newsletter from CyclovaXC: That's right, "The Dominator" newsletter is back. This time around, it lives in the form of a bi-weekly email newsletter called "The Cyclops". Sign up at CyclovaXC.com!
About the Founders and Why: Cyclova XC was founded August of 2009 by Ben Jonjak and Frank Lundeen.
Back in September of 1997, Ben and Frank founded the Riverbrook Nordic Ski Team, which quickly became the largest citizen ski team in the US and also got a ton of fantastic race results. This team quickly became something very special to many people across the Midwest. This was a XC Ski Team for all levels of skiers, from National Champions to beginners, where everyone was truly welcome and everyone supported each other in achieving their goals, with a goal of having fun while XC Skiing.
These bedrock values live again with CyclovaXC! This time around, cycling and running are officially key elements of the team, as most of us all ski, bike, and run. Get to know us, join us, and let the good times roll!