Featured Post

Winter Inventory Closeouts - Up To 60% Off

New Store Hours

Monday: 10am - 7pm
Tuesday: 10am - 7pm
Wednesday: 10am - 7pm
Thursday: 10am - 7pm
Friday: 10am - 7pm
Saturday: 8am - 5pm
Sunday: 10am - 5pm

News For Canoeing Enthusiasts

I'm sorry to say we don't sell Canoes at CyclovaXC at this time, but since we're as much as an outdoor adventure outfitter as we are a bike/run/ski shop, we figured this information would be of interest to our readers.

Duane just forwarded me an email that the Boundary Water Canoe Area Wilderness Permitting process is about to begin.  For those of you who have never visited the Boundary waters, it's a great way to escape the modern technological world and it's a tremendous place to check out (the above picture happens to be the Amazon just outside of Iquitos, Peru, but I didn't have any Boundary waters pictures...plus the Boundary waters kind of looks like that).

Here's the email:

January 25th at 9am central time, the BWCAW (What is the BWCAW?) permitting process begins. The link below takes you to the registration center. Permits are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Permits reserved online can be picked up at The Canoeist in Two Harbors, Minnesota.
Q. What are the various fees that are associated with reserved permits?
A. A $6.00 non-refundable reservation fee is required for each reserved permit.There is also an overnight user fee. When making advanced reservations, you will be given the option to pay for the entire group or charged a minimum of $32.00 for 2 adults. You will also have the option of changing the group size through Recreation.gov within a two day window prior to the entry date. There are no service fees.
Q. How will the billing information appear on my statements?
A. Recreation.gov billing information: If you paid by bank card, your monthly statement will contain a reservation billing under the name "Recreation Gov             888-448-1474       NY" Please make note of this. If you have questions, please call the toll free number listed above.
Q. What is the cancellation policy?
A. If a BWCAW reservation is cancelled outside the 2-day window prior to your entry date, the user fees paid by the card holder will be fully refunded. If cancelled within the 2-day window, $32.00 for 2 adults is retained and additional payments will be refunded. The Forest Service will retain the entire payment if the group is a no show. A new confirmation letter will be generated each time a change is made. Adjustments to group sizes can be made through Recreation.gov or at the permit issuing station as needed. The $6.00 reservation fee is non-refundable. Cancellations to the reservations can be made via Recreation.gov or by calling the BWCAW Reservation Center. (Call            1-877-444-6777      , March 1 - Oct 31 - 9:00 am - 11:00 pm, Nov 1 - Feb 28 - 9:00 - 9:00 pm).
Q. What if the permit facility has an emergency closure?
A. In event of an emergency closure, the NRRS will attempt to notify the group leader to offer alternate dates and entry points. If this is not possible, all fees paid will be refunded.
Q. Am I able to transfer my reservations to someone else?
A. BWCAW reservations are not transferable.
Q. How do I receive confirmation about my reservation?
A. Payment is required to confirm all individual reservations. Confirmation letters are sent via email or by U.S. Postal Service
Q. What if I require a refund?
A. Refunds due to cancellation will be returned within 48 hours if paid by credit card. No refunds will be distributed for no-shows. Refunds for bankcard payments will be issued as a credit to your bankcard
Q. What are the discounts available to me?
A. Holders of the Interagency Senior and Access Passes (and the Golden Age and Access Passes) may receive a 50% discount on their user fee, not the entire group. All cards (Interagency Senior/Access Pass Owners, or Seasonal) must be presented at the time of permit pickup to receive a discount, otherwise the full fee will be charged. Interagency Senior/Access Passes can be purchased at any National Forest Office for $10.00 for citizens who are age 62 or older. Access Pass cards are available for free. Proof of medically determined permanent disability or eligibility for receiving benefits under federal law must be shown.

No comments:

Post a Comment