Subject: Woolly Race Volunteers Needed -
2014 St. Croix Valley Woolly Race, Sunday May 18th 2014 is fast approaching and we are in need of many volunteers to help make this event a success.Due to your interest and help with past Woolly Races, we wanted to reach out directly to you to see if you were interested in being part of race day again this year.Volunteers are needed for a wide variety of positions, many of which can be done in pairs. You can volunteer for a full day, half day, or even just a couple of hours and still have plenty of time to cheer on your favorite racer, compete in one or more of the races, and enjoy Woolly 2014 as a whole. Anyone able to commit to 4 hours or more will get a free Woolly Race T-shirt as a thank you for their time.
Position Descriptions and Hours Needed:
· Registration -
· Course Marshals – Direct and assist riders and spectators, monitor crossings and report accidents.
· Finish Chute/Timing – Slow riders down, keep them in line, pull back tags, call out or record numbers.
· Awards – Make sure that medals and awards are prepared prior to each ceremony and hand out or announce awards.
· Feed zone - Hand out water/energy drink on course or in finish area post races.
· Clean-up/Tear down – ‘till it’s all packed up (approx. )
· Positions will be done in shifts, so it is not necessary to commit to the full time listed for each. Just specify what hours you will be available to work.
Just reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, phone #, email address, hours desired to work, position desired, t-shirt size and we will confirm receipt.
Effective volunteers will be assertive and proactive, but always courteous and helpful.