|The time is drawing near - Solstice Chase 2014 is almost here! Be a part of it & volunteer! Photo Credit: David Gabrys|
The 2014 Solstice Chase Fat Bike Race - not only the first event in the famed Great Lakes Fat Bike Series, but also a community event (by the community, for the community) is only 10 short days away! We want everyone to come and be a part of this celebration of Winter!
While hundreds of hours of work has already been put into the this year's event, it's the volunteers on the event day that make this event possible.
We've already had several generous folks reach out to us and graciously offer to volunteer (you all will be getting emails or calls directly to confirm your duty and shift times) - but we do need a lot more folks.
We guarantee that you'll have a great time working the event, while also serving your community, and helping to bring hundreds of fat bike enthusiasts and their families to the St. Croix River Valley! The event this year will be incredibly spectator friendly with a plethora of tasteful amenities - you'll want to spend all day with us! A few highlights include:
- The grand Wedding Barn at Big Rock Creek Retreat will be our base of operation this year.
- Racers in the long race will be going by the barn 4 times - allowing for amazing spectating opportunities!
- We will have a vendor / sponsor village set up in front of the barn. Stop by and say hello to them - and try out a demo fat bike from Twin Six
- Cafe Wren will be serving amazing hot drinks, pastries, and BEER at the bar inside of the barn
- A Wandering Fire will have their mobile WOOD FIRED PIZZA OVEN at the event - and will be serving up amazing pizzas all day!
- The upper level of the barn will be partially heated - and there will be an additional warming area in the maintenance building, as well as a changing area for athletes.
- Numerous bon fires will be burning all day in the race headquarters area.
- Help us celebrate Big Rock Creek Retreat's official Falls Chamber of Commerce ribbon cutting - happening at the start line at 9:45AM - 15 minutes before the race start!
To volunteer, simply email email@example.com, with "Solstice Chase Volunteer" in the subject line.
|Join us for a bike Fat Bike / Winter Party! If you're not riding, volunteer - we guarantee you'll have a great time!|