Hey Awesome People!
The summer is winding down, Facebook is full of images of little kids heading off to their first day of school, and the Sasquatch 25k is looming on the horizon! Whether you've done every race in the series, or you just want to get a fun training day in to prepare for the Gandy Dancer Marathon, you're welcome to come and enjoy the festivities with us this Saturday, September 5th! Remember that this is a POT LUCK party! Bring some food so we can all celebrate at Lion's Park after!
Please click on the Facebook event page to let everyone know you're coming.
Here's some notes for the day:
- 8:00--Race start leaving from Lion's Park just north of St. Croix Falls.
- We'll be running up the Ice Age trail to river road. Note that there are a couple water crossings on this route. This isn't a race for your best/most expensive running shoes.
- Run up River Road then take a left onto 87. We'll be on 87 for .5 miles and then turn right into BRC. Please be very careful on 87 as it's a busy road (although at 8 in the morning it shouldn't be too bad).
- Run down the gravel road that is the entryway to BRC, then up the mowed trail that veers off to the right. We'll be running the whole outer loop of BRC. I've marked the turns with marking tape like this (a huge thank you to Micah Bruns who helped me):
- Note: Scott said he'd have the trail mowed for us, so it should be in a little better shape than it appears in this photo.
- Water WILL NOT be provided so I strongly recommend bringing a hydration pack or a water bottle. This is a self-supported adventure run with an emphasis on the adventure.
- The route does not take you through the building area at BRC. Scott has some renters so please avoid that. Reference spot #3 on the map. You emerge from the old Cyclova campground onto a road, take a RIGHT on the road, go 50 yards, then take a left onto the mowed path. This puts you on a trail that follows 87 and keeps us away from the renters.
Also, if you pre-ordered a T-shirt but haven't picked one up yet, please bring $20 to the event. I'll be selling all remaining Sasquatch Dash T-shirts after the race (regardless of pre-orders).
This race is always a lot of fun and it's great to send off the Sasquatch crew at the post event party. Also, Lion's Park has a wonderful swimming area, so be ready to jump in the water.
See you Saturday!