Hey folks, summer is in full swing already, and I'm sure there are a bunch of you wondering where the Wednesday night sprint rides are. Well wonder no more, they are on Wednesday nights at 6:00 starting this week (6/15/2016)!
All of the details about the course and how the ride works can be found OVER HERE (yes a few of the links reference 2015, but the course is the same for 2016)
The executive summary though:
- Park somewhere near CyclovaXC, but preferably not immediately in front of the shop (allows customers of the shop and the pizza place to still get in and out while we are riding)
- Be kitted up, ready to leave promptly at 6:00 pm
- We group ride 33.6 miles TOGETHER with the exception of 6 distinct sprint sections of up to roughly 1 mile in length
- During a sprint segment, you are free to get to the end of the sprint as fast or as slow as you wish
- After a sprint segment, everyone slows down or stops and we regroup before continuing on
- We start as a group and we end as a group. Anticipate an overall average speed, depending on the group, of anywhere from 14 mph to 17+ mph.
Anyone and everyone who can safely operate a bicycle 34 miles is welcome.
I hope to see you there this Wednesday.
Group rides are weather permitting. If thunderstorms, heavy rain, or other dangerous weather are expected the rides will be cancelled with notice on the CyclovaXC blog by noon the day of.