|We guarantee that trail work is a great time, and we actually do get a bunch of work done - although you might not know if from this picture!|
This Sunday, October 22 at 9AM is just that opportunity! The very hard working volunteers at the Amery Nordic Ski Club are having a trail work day to get the trails in primo shape for Winter! Meet up with the group at the main Garfield (DD Kennedy Park / Balsam Branch) Trail head at 9AM. This is one of the region's very best ski trails with about 4k of lights and is located roughly between St. Croix Falls and Amery, WI - about 1 hour from Minneapolis.
When: Saturday, Oct. 22nd, at 9:00 am.
What To Bring: Most importantly bring yourself - but if you have a landscaping rake, shovel, chainsaw, and some work gloves, -they will be helpful. Don't forget your appetite to talk with fellow skiers about the coming ski season!Tasks for the day:
- Chainsaw work for fallen trees on lighted and snowshoe trails
- Drill weep holes in electric boxes of Light Poles
- Open horse coral gates
- Both Ski and Snowshoe trails could use some clearing of fallen small branches
- Three lights need to be worked on
- Mow start area and outer loop
- Clear branches from Lights
- Fill in rut at bottom of hill near starting line
- Wood chips in some areas if possible
See you this Saturday (October 22, 2016) @ 9AM!
Contact Greg with the Amery Nordic Ski Club with any questions at: gredenho (at) yahoo.com
|A light pole goes up at a trail work day at the Balsam Branch Trails - fall 2010.|